Bad Credit Auto Repair Loans
If there is one thing you can count on when you own a vehicle, it is that sooner or later, it is going to need repair work. When that day comes, you could find yourself facing a bill for hundreds or thousands of dollars. What do you do if you cannot afford to pay those repair costs out of pocket? You turn to emergency car repair loans. But what if you do not have a good credit score? Can you still get a loan?
Can You Get an Auto Repair Loan With Bad Credit?
Thankfully, the answer to this question is “yes.” It is possible to qualify for an auto repair loan even if you do not have good credit. Your credit score is not the only factor which determines whether you can afford to pay back the loan. There are lenders which are aware of this and specialize in serving customers in situations like yours. In fact, you can view some of our recommended lenders in the chart below, or read on to learn more about bad credit auto repair loans.
Tips for Qualifying for Loans for Auto Repair Without Good Credit
If you want to apply successfully for an affordable auto repair loan with bad credit, here are some suggestions:
- Get proof of income ready. If you can demonstrate that your income is sufficient to pay back your auto repair loan, that can help you get approved even without ideal credit.
- If you have a friend or family member with better credit who can co-sign on your loan, this too can make it easier to qualify.
- You have the option of applying for a secured auto repair loan. Many customers with bad credit discover, however, that they are eligible for unsecured auto repair financing.
- Consider trying to raise your credit score before applying. Check your credit report and contest errors, sign up for Experian Boost, ask creditors you are on good terms with to expunge negative one-time items, and take any other last-minute steps you can to repair your credit.
Where to Apply for Car Repair Loans With Bad Credit
Along with following the recommendations above, your best bet for finding an affordable auto repair loan with poor credit is to search for a loan online.
Shopping for auto repair loans online offers you these benefits:
- You do not need to leave the house. When your car needs repairs, sometimes it is difficult or even impossible to travel to a brick-and-mortar lender to apply for an auto loan. When applying online, you do not have to worry about traveling.
- It is fast and easy to run comparisons. Instead of going from one lender to the next in person to get quotes, online, you can conduct fast and convenient research and review offers from a much wider lender pool. The more offers you can examine, the better chance you have of finding the competitive loan you need.
- Lower overhead means more affordable rates. Lenders which conduct their business online do not have to pay as much in terms of operating expenses as those with brick-and-mortar outlets. By saving money on overhead, they are able to afford to offer customers lower interest rates across the board, even without perfect credit.
Apply for an Affordable Auto Repair Loan Now With Bad Credit
When your vehicle has run down, you cannot afford to wait to fix it. Thankfully, there are reputable lenders right now that may be willing to offer you a competitive auto repair loan or a low interest auto loan for bad credit scores. To save time, check out our recommended online auto repair lenders in our comparison table. Most do not require collateral, regardless of your credit. Let’s get you back in the driver’s seat and on the road.